WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, photograph of yourself and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- information about your use of our Website and services, including cookies, IP address, membership account details and membership details, but only to the extent that we may identify you from such information;
- your payment related information, such as your credit/debit card information; and
- information about your usage of and interaction with our Website and/or services.
Our Website is not aimed at children under 13 years old and we will not collect, use, provide or process in any other form any Personal Data of children under the age of 13 deliberately. We therefore also ask you, if you are under 13 years old, please do not send us your Personal Data (for example, your name, address and email address).
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
General Collection of Personal Data
Generally, Fitpro Academy collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit forms relating to any of our services or products;
- when you register for or use any of our services on our Website;
- when you interact with our consultants, coaches or other staff;
- when you use some of our services, including when you establish any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you or include you in an email or other mailing list;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our consultants, coaches or other staff;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you respond to our contests, surveys, promotions or other initiatives;
- when you visit our premises, through CCTV surveillance, photographs or video recordings;
- when we receive information about you from third party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason; and
- when we collect your Personal Data by other lawful means.
Unless permitted by applicable laws, we will not collect your Personal Data without your consent.
When you browse our Website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below regarding passive data collection.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information relating to your spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to you providing us with his/her Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products or services you have requested.
Passive Data Collection
We may receive passively collected Personal Data through a variety of methods including but not limited to cookies and related technologies like location-based services and analytics tools.
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we also may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Website (e.g., to allow them to tailor advertisements on third party services). These companies may deliver advertisements that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behaviour. These companies may use information about user behaviour in order to provide customised advertisements across various services and products. In the course of providing these services, products or placing advertisements, these third party companies may place or recognise a unique cookie on your computer, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on our Website and on third party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted advertisements, you may opt-out by changing the settings on your browser. Please note this does not opt you out of being delivered advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES BEHIND OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Generally, Fitpro Academy collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to respond to your enquiries and requests and to respond to complaints, feedback and other customer-care matters or otherwise communicate with you;
- to monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- to manage payment, billing, account, credit checks and debt-recovery matters;
- to administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- to anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- to create products or services that may meet your needs;
- to manage the infrastructure and business operations of Fitpro Academy and to comply with our internal policies and procedures;
- to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales);
- to match any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- to protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- to conduct audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, for action planning and for managing commercial risks;
- to prevent, detect and investigate crime and managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance);
- to comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
- any purpose which a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances; and/or
- any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary or related to any of the purposes specified above.
In addition, Fitpro Academy may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes if you have or are considering having a membership with us:
- to process your application for membership services;
- to maintain your account with us;
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments in relation to provision of membership services to you;
- to provide you with the goods and services which you have signed up for;
- to communicate with you to inform you of changes and development to Fitpro Academy policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to services and products offered to you;
- to conduct market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis for the improvement of goods or services provided to you; and
- to process your Personal Data in relation to any of the purposes stated above.
Where permitted under the Act, Fitpro Academy may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes (which we may describe in our documents and agreements as “additional purposes” for the handling of Personal Data):
- providing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by Fitpro Academy or other third parties;
- administering contests, competitions and conducting lucky draws, including, where necessary, in order to announce the results of these contests, competitions and lucky draws and identify and contact the winners, and in order to publicise and conduct marketing strictly related to these contests, competitions and lucky draws;
- sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or of particular products and services which may be of interest to you; and
- conducting market research, understanding and determining customer location, preferences and demographics for us to review, develop and improve our products, services and also develop special offers and marketing programmes.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, Fitpro Academy may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, sms, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers). If you have registered your telephone number with the national Do Not Call (DNC) registry, we will not send you promotional and marketing messages via your telephone number unless you have provided Fitpro Academy with consent to do so.
In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, then we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
TO WHOM MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Fitpro Academy will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to our officers and employees, third parties, affiliates, service providers, advisors, which include without limitation, the following persons or entities, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- affiliates of Fitpro Academy;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Fitpro Academy, such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, storage, archival or other services to Fitpro Academy;
- the credit bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our insurers and professional advisors, including consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government authorities or law enforcement agencies, to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority;
- data intermediaries; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
Save for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we will ensure that such parties receiving your Personal Data: (i) are under a duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention and/or transfer of your Personal Data; and (ii) have the need to know or handle such Personal Data.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSMITTED AND STORED?
We will endeavour to protect your Personal Data in our possession or control through reasonable and appropriate security measures. To prevent unauthorised access and improper use of your Personal Data, we have put in place appropriate technologies and policies to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect. We will take reasonable steps, so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep your Personal Data secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or corruption of your Personal Data.
Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your Personal Data, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and by providing your Personal Data over the Internet, you are transmitting your Personal Data at your own risk.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored and/or processed by selected third parties, which may be located outside of Singapore, as part of the services we offer to you. By way of example, this may happen if any of our website servers are from time to time located outside of Singapore or one of our service providers is located outside of Singapore. These third parties will not use your Personal Data for any other purposes than what we have agreed with them. Fitpro Academy requests those third parties to implement adequate levels of protection in order to safeguard your Personal Data. We respect your Personal Data and therefore, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected if we transfer your Personal Data outside of Singapore in this way. Please note that if you use our services while you are outside of Singapore, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of Singapore in order to provide you with those services.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our products or services and it is necessarily required or relevant for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
HOW DO YOU WITHDRAW CONSENT TO OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR OBTAIN ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA RECORDS?
You may withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of your Personal Data or seek access to your Personal Data (to a reasonable extent and as permitted by the Act) at any time by logging in to the relevant account through which the Personal Data was provided, if any, failing which please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also withdraw your consent for specific forms of communication and on specific communications via the unsubscribe options as stated on our email or other marketing messages.
If your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback and access requests to Fitpro Academy on your behalf.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Fitpro Academy may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, and this may also result in the termination of your agreements with Fitpro Academy and you being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and Fitpro Academy’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
We will, at your request, endeavour to provide you with an account of your Personal Data in our possession or control within a reasonable time. Such account shall be in respect of how your Personal Data has been or may have been generally used or disclosed within the year before the date of your request. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for carrying out your request.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CORRECTIONS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA RECORDS?
We aim to keep your Personal Data as accurate and up-to-date as possible by updating our records whenever changes to information come to our attention.
To help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data, when there are any changes to the Personal Data which you have provided to us, please update such changes by logging in to the relevant account through which the Personal Data was provided, if any, failing which please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will correct or complete your Personal Data as soon as reasonably practicable.
If your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback and correction requests to Fitpro Academy on your behalf.
WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK OR ENQUIRIES?
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your Personal Data, please contact:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Oxley Bizhub, 65 Ubi Ave 1, #01-64.
Last updated on 1st January 2018.